2.0

I think it's kind of a low-life bait and switch.Free Veterans day appreciation meal (small print: 6 days from now, Monday 11/16).

Why didn't they just pick Thursday, Dec. 4? We take some Vets out for lunch on Veterans Day (the official one) so we know were going to be paying because it lunch. There was 4 Vets in line in front of us that were quite surprised they'd have to pay.

They grumbled a little, as they shoud, then paid and had lunch. Man, that just seems kind of slimy really, a bait and switch for sure. I know I was rather disgusted.

I doubt (no, I know I won't) I'll eat here again till next Vet Day (maybe it'll be on Halloween 2015) when we take the old timers out again.Definetly a scuzzy move.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Variety of food.

I didn't like: Way they promote veterans day.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #899568

Well, they surely weren't WWII vets.They were a little tougher than that and didn't ask for any special handouts.

They wouldn't have "grumbled" - they would have accepted the reality, paid and moved on.

It takes a lot of nerve and egoism to complain that you didn't get something free.I guess you were mad because you thought you would take the veterans out to lunch and only have to pay for yours.

to GreatestGeneration #899643

I don't understand why Vets think they deserve special treatment.If anybody deserves special treatment it is the military personnel that are on active duty, along with law officers, firefighters, EMTs, etc.

They put their lives on the line every time they go to work.Vets have already done their service, they are retired and no longer putting their lives on the line.

to anonymous Humble, Texas, United States #899790

are you trying to say that they are not good anymore, because they already served? You are such a dumb ***. Looks like you never served in the military...Thank God>