Golden Corral - I got Very Sick

421 of 536 Golden Corral reviews

My husband and I was in COral Springs location with another couple.We waited 45 mins. to be seated and when we finally got in I went to the bathroom to wash my hand. Bathroom floor is wet, I almost slip and toilet paper all over the floor. First clue ( the bathroom is filty , very unsanitary). I should of walk out but decided to stay, went to the Salad Bar and had salad at the same place there is peeled and eat shrimp so I took some of that too. After my Salad I decided to get Prime Rib, I have seen the commercial on TV for $12.99 All you can eat Prime Rib and Shrimp. Had Prime Rib , some shrimp and I was full. We left aroung 8:30 Pm. By 10:30 I went to bed, then I was walken up with intense stomach ache I look at my clock its around 2:20 am I went to the bathroom and I start to vomit, not long after that i had diarea..this continue till 7:am non stop. I could not go back to sleep because i was in and out the bathroom. I had to work got ready for work and lucky enough that I only work 10 miles from my house so as soon as I arrive same thing happened, start vomiting and intense diarea. So i went home and I know that i needed to drink a lot of fluid even though my body rejected the fluid I drink I have to continue otherwise I can be dehydrated. I was misserable the first day. Now, Day 2 I went to work, I was at work maybe half hour same thing happened so again I have to go home, I saud to myself I need to get rid of all this TOXIC inside my system by staying home, rest my body and drink a lot of fluid....by 8:pm i start feeling better. so today is my first day at work.

This morning I called the restaurant and spoke to the Mgr. name Brian...I explained the situation to him and said to him that I think I just got food poisoning? his response to me , his exact words:

*** do you know it will take 24 hours to develop food poisoning?

**** what did you eat?

So i told him NOT NECESSARY IT WILL TAKE 24 HOURS, SOMETIMES WITHIND 3 TO 4 HOURS YOU CAN GET VERY SICK...AND HOW ABOUT CROSS CONTAMINATION?? i ALSO TOLD HIM HOW FILTY THE REST ROOM AND HIS RESPONSE IS " WELL IT IS A PUBLIC BATHROOM!

NOT A GOOD ANSWER... IF YOU ARE THE MANAGER YOU WILL MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL...MAYBE YOU NEED MORE STAFF? OR WHOS KEEPING UP WITH THE BATHROOM? SAME PERSON HANDLING FOOD?

WELL I GOT VERY SICK AND I LOST 2 DAYS OF WORK!

I ATTACHED MY RECEIPT

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
421 of 536 Golden Corral reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 02, 2015 #1057359

That is so pathetic. Who does that manager think he is, A health Expert or a Doctor? Sorry to hear about your experience

0 0 Reply
nunn

Mar 27, 2013 #629441 Virgie, Kentucky, United States

It is the stomach flu. All you want is a legal settlement. If there was food poisoning, many other people would have been ill too. You are a low life degenerate. Shame on you.

1 1 Reply
anonymous

Mar 27, 2013 #629364 Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States

Restaurants, and retail businesses, but restaurants, especially can't keep their rest rooms up to your apparent standards. Retail businesses do have maintenance people to keep the entire store clean, but at restaurants the regular employees do that, and unless an employee sees that something needs to be done, it won't get done. More than likely, you have had that stomach flu that has been talked about on the news. I know from experience, it hits without any symptoms ahead of time. Yes, it can keep you in the bathroom, indefinitely. I spent 1 1/2 days in my bedroom, because I couldn't be that far from the bathroom. You think you are bad off, but try being an insulin dependent diabetic and see how it works, as far as having to eat at regular times and nothing stays down. I also know people that have had it for three days and still don't feel real great for a week. People are so quick to blame restaurant food whenever they get sick. And exactly what is a filty bathroom? You said that at least twice.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Golden Corral. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Golden Corral.
Filing a new complaint about
×