I went to Golden Corral in Corpus Christi, Tx on 11/14.Since Golden Corral has been offering Military appreciation day I've enjoyed a free meal.

I have also acknowledged their act of kindness has caused other restaurants to participate. Since the beginning I have been fighting a service related intestinal problem that keeps me from eating meat after 2 pm. Always, GC managers have let me eat the meal earlier than 5 pm until yesterday. When asked, the manager as much as called me a liar, refusing to believe that they were the first ones that refused to serve me earlier.

Although, Olive Garden gave a free meal on V day I quickly went to them and they gladly served me three days later. Angered by the previous reaction of the manager I went at 5:00 as he demanded me with a few carry out bags from Olive Garden. When I put meat from the meal in these bags and walked to the door the same manager attacked me physically to attempt to wrestle these bags out of my hand. I turned my camera on so I could prove to you the arrogance of this GC manager.

But as I fought the attack off, he commanded me to never come here again. He has disgraced the very intended recipient of your kindness.

He is the first manager out of 10 meals that has refused to serve me earlier.

Review about: Veterans Appreciation Day Free Meal.

I didn't like: Arrogance of managers, Attitudes of employees, Customer service with attitude.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Golden Corral Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $5000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Golden Corral?

Submit review

Comments

don't worry...he'll be going back across the border soon. his fat *** won't be able to climb back...

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1242081

You sir, are embarrassing!You are acting like an entitled, ungrateful brat!

Companies have rules and policies for reasons, accept them. You're medical conditions are not their problem.

Shame on you for recording the transaction because you didn't get your way and you were not "attacked".Do you think you a special because you served?

Muncie, Indiana, United States #1241284

Disgusting.Your actions and attitude are disgusting.

You are complaining because your FREE MEAL does not coincide with your exact preferences? As a fellow vet, that's embarrassing. To top it off, you're upset because a fast food buffet wouldn't allow you to take food out in boxes from OTHER RESTAURANTS?!? It's really sad.

For non-vets that read this, please do not think that all of us vets are greedy, selfish creatures that think the world should bow down to us.

I personally greatly appreciate the thoughts and sentiments of restaurants like Golden Corral (though I've never participated in their giveaways.)

I...I just can't get over this.Mad because he can't pick the hours he gets a FREE meal and mad because he can't STEAL food from a restaurant.