Golden Corral's veterans day Free Meal Corpus Christi, Tx

4 of 536 Golden Corral reviews

I went to Golden Corral in Corpus Christi, Tx on 11/14.Since Golden Corral has been offering Military appreciation day I've enjoyed a free meal.

I have also acknowledged their act of kindness has caused other restaurants to participate. Since the beginning I have been fighting a service related intestinal problem that keeps me from eating meat after 2 pm. Always, GC managers have let me eat the meal earlier than 5 pm until yesterday. When asked, the manager as much as called me a liar, refusing to believe that they were the first ones that refused to serve me earlier.

Although, Olive Garden gave a free meal on V day I quickly went to them and they gladly served me three days later. Angered by the previous reaction of the manager I went at 5:00 as he demanded me with a few carry out bags from Olive Garden. When I put meat from the meal in these bags and walked to the door the same manager attacked me physically to attempt to wrestle these bags out of my hand. I turned my camera on so I could prove to you the arrogance of this GC manager.

But as I fought the attack off, he commanded me to never come here again. He has disgraced the very intended recipient of your kindness.

He is the first manager out of 10 meals that has refused to serve me earlier.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service with attitude

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Veterans Appreciation Day Free Meal
Review category
Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
review #955665

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Golden Corral? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 536 Golden Corral reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 17 #1242081 Tucson, Arizona, United States

You sir, are embarrassing! You are acting like an entitled, ungrateful brat! Companies have rules and policies for reasons, accept them. You're medical conditions are not their problem. Shame on you for recording the transaction because you didn't get your way and you were not "attacked". Do you think you a special because you served?

1 0 Reply

Nov 15 #1241284 Muncie, Indiana, United States

Disgusting. Your actions and attitude are disgusting. You are complaining because your FREE MEAL does not coincide with your exact preferences? As a fellow vet, that's embarrassing. To top it off, you're upset because a fast food buffet wouldn't allow you to take food out in boxes from OTHER RESTAURANTS?!? It's really sad.
For non-vets that read this, please do not think that all of us vets are greedy, selfish creatures that think the world should bow down to us. I personally greatly appreciate the thoughts and sentiments of restaurants like Golden Corral (though I've never participated in their giveaways.)
I...I just can't get over this. Mad because he can't pick the hours he gets a FREE meal and mad because he can't STEAL food from a restaurant.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Golden Corral. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Golden Corral.
Filing a new complaint about
×