1K views

This poorly maintained Golden Corral is along I-81, Hagerstown, MD. Store #2600. My wife and I, after paying at the entrance for the buffet, were absolutely shocked at the filthy buffet area. While customers can be sloppy, there is no reason for the buffet to resemble an area where it hadn't been cleaned for hours.

I pulled out my camera and took pictures of the entire line of main course items and the same filthy mess was at each station!

The "server" said she'd be right back with our drinks; however, she cleaned at least nine tables in her section and never returned with out drinks. She ignored us and finally I went to the cashier and requested someone bring our drinks.

We did NOT leave her a tip. Why should be when she did NOTHING for us as a customer.

The health board in Hagerstown needs to inspect this "restaurant" regularly. If the buffet was unsanitary, I can only imagine what the kitchen resembles.

After this posting, I'm sending pics to Golden Corral corporate. Hopefully, they'll can the staff at the restaurant and start fresh...including a clean buffet.

Review about: Golden Corral Buffet.

Had an Experience with Golden Corral?

Comments

So you thought it was filthy, you were horrified, took the time to take photos ..

and then sat down and ate there anyway?

to Anonymous #1145442

Looks like the guy just wants a free meal.He just made an excuse not to tip.

He probably expects someone to sit down and clean up after each person takes food.

He does not understand that the customers made the mess.

to Anonymous #1145525

As someone who has spent their entire work like in hospitality and the service industry, I wanted to see exactly how this restaurant operated and it was terrible!I wanted others to see the shabby operation for what it was.

If my post resulted in improved service and quality, I achieved my goal.

If not, then the restaurant and corporate Golden Corral needs to replace the management there and pull the franchise.

I do this regularly when I travel. If its good, I compliment staff and corporate, if NOT, then they get this type of comment.

Nice to know that there are people like you who appreciate sloppy restaurants where good service and cleanliness don't exist.

And they wonder why the *** of Americans are so large :(

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States #872098

Ryans is a thousand times worse.I work there.

Its like that everyday at Ryans. You think Golden Corrals filthy ha. Youve never been to Ryans.

Im shocked we still open.We suck so much.

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States #630879

I eat there prolly once a month and ive NEVER seen it like that.I can only guess it was a crazy busy daythat day as i know it can get SUPER busy in there at times.

The food is typically always good. my serviceis always prettty good. Never had very BAD service, but each waitress has a section of about 30 tables n usually, when im there atleast, most of the tables r occupied. I think your being an unsympathetic ***.if u want fine dining and awesome quisine go to the *** Olive garden on the other side of the mall.

Its Golden Corral buffet, ppl are dumb and slobs and u cant expect top quality 24/7 there or anywhere for that matter. Instead of writing a review with your lil pictures u could just have got your money back n gone somewhere else, but no, u stayed.

Thats on u.Next time dont be a cheap *** n take your wife someplace nice.

Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania, United States #590000

We go often and yes, it can get messy from time to time but I always see them cleaning the area.As far as the waitress not bringing their drinks when they sat down, I have ALWAYS been given my drink when I ordered!!

Never got sick from the food and I can't complain about their wait staff any more or any less then some other places we eat at(some paying 4 times the amount per person) we are getting ready to head there now so your pictures didn't change my mind!:)

My husband and I have eaten there quite a few times. Each time, it seems to get worse! The food quality has severely gone downhill!

I understand it's busy, then hire buss people to clean and keep food serving area's clean.

Clean the scroungy rug!!!

We haven't eaten there in a long time and won't be going back!!

to Diane #1145445

Why not learn how to cook and be a good wife. They probably clean up hundreds of times but pigs like you make more of a mess.

After reading what Bob, the "Deucer" said, I surely don't want to go to ANY business he might patronize.What a low class looser!

I've eaten at the Golden Corral in Hagerstown, MD 5-6 times. It's ALWAYS busy and with folks like Bob grazing at the buffet, there's surely going to be some mess to attend to. However, I've noticed the staff always stays after the mess, and the food is quite good. When you consider the price, it's a winner.

We've ALWAYS been taken care of by the servers promptly and pleasantly.Our only complaints at this location is the class of customers they serve and contend with.