Golden Corral Fish Review from Rochester, New York

Wish there was a dislike or displeased button to hit.My Fiancee and I are sitting here and we are very disappointed.

The food looks old, the cornbread was hard as a rock. I believe it's been sitting under the lamp since the restaurant opened today. They are no longer serving fried fish, nor sweet potato casserole, and the baked fish was never put out the whole time we were here, we asked about it a few times but the pan was empty the whole time, no lima beans but the sign says lima beans. The slided carrots were so dry, one of the cooks poured water over them to rejuvenate them back to life.

No caramel syrup for ice cream. All flavors were empty. Business is going to go down hill with all these issues. It was definitely the worst experience ever.

So I decide to talk to the manager Joe and another employee named Ron whom were sitting down eating. I first apologized interrupting their meal and Ron said that it's ok. So I expressed our dislike and asked if there was something that could be done about my check. Joe pulled his phone out to check the time and I asked him what did the time have to do with my complaint and he said that the register wasn't set up to refund money after 30 minutes of me paying.

He then looked at my receipt and said it's been over 30 minutes so he couldn't refund me. I told him of course it's over 30 minutes, my guest and I were waiting for fresh food and baked fish to be put out after bringing it to the employees attention and his attention. I had originally talked to Joe and Ron at 5:05pm about the hard cornbread, fish and other food items and still nothing was done. At 5:25 I went back to talk to him again and my receipt time was 4:41pm.

Of course I asked him to produce where that statement of 30 minutes existed and he said that's the policy but he couldn't produce where that policy is in place.

So he said he could give me a card for a free meal next time.I told him, I'm not coming back to this restaurant and I would contact Corporate.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Quality of Food

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor quality of food for plano area
    • Service
    • Manager

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Review category
Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
review #836806

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Golden Corral? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Golden Corral. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Golden Corral.
Filing a new complaint about