BELOW IS THE INCIDENT THAT I SENT IN TO THE CORPORATE EMAIL

I am disgusted at our visit to Golden Corral this morning. I swear they were not staffed to par. It was absolutely ridiculous. The waitress said that they are not used to so many people.That is very sad. Even if that is the case, why in the world would this location NOT STAFF WORKERS FOR FATHER'S DAY!! Makes not sense. Whoever the manager is should be reprimanded for sure.

The situation that disgusted me the most was what the worker did and how the manager acted after I told him. My family and I will NEVER return to this Golden Corral…might not go to another one at all. I was waiting for pancakes for the second time. (nothing was ever stocked). The guy with glasses and a red shirt was working all of the different areas (I actually think he is a manager since he was everywhere...and he should definitely know better) was at the meat station. He was placing raw meat onto the grill. There is no problem with that. Then HE DID NOT CHANGE HIS CLOTHES AND STARTED PICKING THE PANCAKES UP AND STACKING THEM ON THE SPATULA!! Are you freaking kidding me?

I have a degree in food service and anyone with common sense KNOWS that gloves should have been changed. That is a great way to get your customers sick and to cross contaminate food. I am soooo disgusted. I do plan to tell other people about this. It is absolutely disgusting. I wish the State could have been there for this incident.

I let the manager with the yellow shirt know what was going on and he acted as if it was no big deal. He said okay. He didn't apologize and he looked at me as if he were saying "what do you want me to do about it."

Had an Experience with Golden Corral?

Comments

Didn't it occur to you that maybe a worker had called in sick and/or had to have the day off unexpectedly because of the illness of a close family member or death in the family.A staff member could also have been a no-show.

In case you didn't know it, it isn't always easy to get another employee to come in because somebody is ill or whatever. So where was the manager supposed to change his CLOTHES? IF, as you say you have a degree in food service you should also know that it is City Health Inspectors that inspect any business that handles any type of food. They do this on a regular basis and if a business doesn't make a certain score they are given a deadline to correct the problem.

As far as that goes you have no way of knowing whether or not a health inspector was dining there, do you?Just because you allegedly have a degree in food service doesn't mean you were anywhere near the top of the class and even if you were there is no way you can know everything, is there, providing you are completely honest.

to anonymous Hartford, Connecticut, United States #827762

AMEN! It amazes me how many know it alls complain on here. The poster probably works at Burger King for $7.25 an hour.

alindse
to anonymous #827766

I obviously meant gloves. Thank you for your comment.